« Home | Rider #517 » | The Bike Gods Send Warnings - How Not to Ride » | A Very Good Day » | Legs or No Legs - That was the Question » | Weekend Update » | Motivation Boost » | 2007 Sam's Club MS 150 Kick-off Party and Training... » 

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Back in the Saddle

After a week of rest and rehabilitation (mostly in the form of vino)...Bob and I hit the road again. A breezy 27 mile tour around Flower Mound, with no major incidents that we encountered on our last ride togehter. Just one buzzard that eyed us pretty closely as we passed his road kill lunch buffet.

Only 24 days until we all torture our butts for 150 miles. Are you ready? I am on my way, I have sworn off all heavy drinking, junk food and have vowed to ride 4 days a week.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

I got in 15 miles after work last evening, but I can tell you I'd much rather risk the buzzards than the afternoon commuters over my way. Maybe it was the warm, sunny weather, but there sure were a lot of smiling, hand-gesturing, cell-phone-talking, not-watching-where-they're-going drivers to dodge.

Still all in one piece, so it was a good ride. I actually hit 30.5 mph up the straightaway toward Sonic. Guess I must've been hungry (or had a tail wind).

I probably won't get out for any significant distance until this weekend--partly because of time constraints and partly because I kind of feel like I should rest up for that century I'm doing on Saturday. If I can pull that off, I'll be feeling pretty confident going into the last couple weeks before the MS 150.

And I'll be impossible to live with, of course.

April 11, 2007 at 11:52 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home