« Home | Legs or No Legs - That was the Question » | Weekend Update » | Motivation Boost » | 2007 Sam's Club MS 150 Kick-off Party and Training... » 

Sunday, March 25, 2007

A Very Good Day

At 7:00 this morning, I was sitting in my car, in the dark, next to a practice soccer field. I was waiting for Bob and Sarah to arrive so that I could join them for their weekly Dawn Patrol. Around 7:30, they rolled into the parking lot, and we made our final preparations.

As we headed down the White Rock Trail toward the lake, the sun had officially risen seven minutes earlier, but we only saw what filtered through a layer of thick, gray clouds. Rolling down the trail, choking on clouds of gnats, Sarah and I wondered what Bob had eaten for breakfast. Saint Bob, who always claims to ride at a steady 13-14 mph, was 20 yards ahead, thundering along at 17 mph!

And I thought I was going to get a recovery ride after yesterday's 42-mile tempo ride.

We had a really good ride and lots of laughs, which was plenty to be happy about on its own. What made it even better is that it was a landmark for Sarah: her first 50-miler! Congratulations, Sarah.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home