« Home | MS 1.5 Kid's Bike Challenge - Flower Mound » | Well, blow me down! » | First Parker Square Training Ride » | Captain's Log 1/19/2008 » | Happy New Year! » | It won't be long » | Pat's and Cathy's Pictures » | Brightroom event photos » | Cliff's pictures » | My MS 150 (Mike) » 

Saturday, April 5, 2008

Into the Home Stretch

With four weeks left before the MS 150 weekend, it looks like my work schedule is finally slackening. It's time to make the most of my remaining weekends to train, and I was pleased when the leaders of the Plano East Side ride bumped up the distance from the usual 32 miles to a little over 40. It was a good ride today, with crisp temperatures starting and lots of sunshine; a moderate pace that made for quality base miles; and a route that included a good number of rolling hills. I could have done without the puncture and having to boot a half-inch cut in my tire with an energy bar wrapper, but that's what the spare tubes and tire changing tools are for. Looks like it's time to place an order for some new tires and more CO2 cartridges for my inflater.

There will probably be no training tomorrow, because I'll be joining some of the other Wheeler Dealers in setting up, running, and taking down our second MS 1.5. This time, we'll be taking to the 1.55 mile path that encircles Celebration Park in Allen. Cheryl and Peggy have been spearheading this effort, and they've got lots of cool activities planned for the kiddos and their families. Look for a full report soon!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home