« Home | The Long and Winding Road (Mike's ride report) » | Muenster, Germans, Brew & Good Company -- What mor... » | Nine Days and Counting Down » | The Lynn and Bob Ride » | MS 1.5 Kid's Bike Challenge - Another success! » | Three weeks to go! » | Lancaster Country Ride » | Into the Home Stretch » | MS 1.5 Kid's Bike Challenge - Flower Mound » | Well, blow me down! » 

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Top Ten From Rick's First MS-150 Ride

  1. Our team had a great supporting cast and definitely the best team manager. Thanks Brad for transporting the bikes and keeping the Fat Tire cold.

  2. If you see a rider down ahead of you, look out for a large pavement crack in the road. You may be next.

  3. Wheeler Dealers had the best jerseys hands down, and very easy to spot!

  4. Recumbent team members are very tenacious and have a great sense of humor.

  5. When checking the temperature on how to dress for a ride, take a quick glance at the wind chill number.

  6. I have a lot of great friends and family that contributed to my ride. Thanks Floyd, Paul, Rhea (my loving and very understanding companion), Mom, Scott, Curtis, Kingsley, Jingyi and Kathleen.

  7. I will never look at the drive "up" Main Street from the Stock Yards to downtown Fort Worth the same again.
  1. Nothing makes a long ride go by faster than riding with great teammates. My right calf wants to especially thank Lynn and Sarah for your extended pulls on Sunday.
  1. Bob and Gerry, what can I say? Thanks for allowing me to be part of something special.

  2. Until this past year I knew nothing about MS. This past Christmas I discovered that a relative of mine had been diagnosed with MS. I now know what MS is, the disability a person can experience as time advances, and that 400,000 Americans are living with multiple sclerosis. This past weekend I also learned that those who have MS have a wonderful determination to find a cure. Over the last three years I have participated in many rides, but none have meant as much as my first MS-150. So until there is a cure, I will keep riding.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home